Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a web server hosted by a website hosting distributor. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's take a look at them. In this way, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you'd like to launch a weblog, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a solution made available by given companies, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file hosting solutions are frequently supported by showing ads by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would assign the tasks at hand between individual bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain firms provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you desire to share an immense number of images with chums or colleagues since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your electronic mail accounts. Some suppliers offer web page hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you would like to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can open email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a hard time with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to operate as many video clips as you want without bothering about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to run a web site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At FaceHosting.com, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that allow you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular web content only.